As a WooCommerce store owner, you must understand that providing customers with top-notch after sales service is one way to help them trust your brand. One way in which you can do this is to provide them with detailed invoices and packing slips for the product purchased. There are some WooCommerce store plugins that can help you do that without any hassle. First, let us understand why you do need to include WooCommerce PDF invoices and packing slips with the product.
Why Include PDF Invoices and Packing Slips?
Including a PDF invoice and packing slip helps inform the customer what the package contains, your contact details, and details of the product. Moreover, in some places, it is a standard practice to send an invoice containing name and address of the store, billing address of the customer, and a list of all delivered items.
The question is – How would you add an invoice and packing slip to the WooCommerce order? Read further to know the answer.
The WooCommerce PDF Invoice and Packing Slip Plugin let you add a PDF Invoice to the order confirmation email that customers receive after making a purchase from your store. It comes with a basic template, which you can change and enter business information. It also gives you the ability to create a package slip for your customers.
Also, it is part of the massive WooCommerce plugin ecosystem, and this means you can sell more physical goods quickly and easily through your online store.
Some of the amazing features that this plugin offers you include:
- Automatically attaches invoice PDF to the WooCommerce email of your choosing
- Generates PDF invoice/packing slips in bulk
- Lets you download invoices from the My Accounts page
- Supports 15 languages
- Lets you modify data/footer/disclaimer on the invoice & packing slips
- Customizable HTML/CSS invoice templates
Let us check how you can install this plugin from the WordPress plugin store for your WooCommerce store.
Process to Add WooCommerce PDF Invoice & Packing Slip Plugin
The first step would be to install the said plugin.
Install the Plugin
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard, select Plugins, and then Add New
- Search for PDF Invoice & Packing Slips plugin in the search box on the top right side
- Select Install
- Select Activate to enable the plugin.
This will install the said plugin.
Next, for this plugin to function, you have to change a few settings.
Configure General Settings
- Go to Dashboard, then choose WooCommerce, and select PDF Invoices.
Note: Doing this redirects you to the General Settings of the WooCommerce PDF Invoice & Packing Slip plugin. You will come across fields to set paper size, template, shop logo, address, and PDF viewing settings.
- Enter the right information and click on the Save Changes option at the bottom.
Now, we need to configure the Document Settings of the plugin.
Configure Document Settings
- Click on the Documents tab.
- Now, you will come across two options, Invoice and Packing Slips.
- For now, let us focus on configuring the Invoice feature.
Note: You have to configure the date, address, email, and phone number.
- Once configured, click on the Save Changes option at the bottom.
Now, we shall configure the Packaging Slip option.
- Select the Packing Slip option from the Drop Down Menu.
Note: You will have to configure the same parameters you altered in Document Settings, but there is a small restriction here – you would have to upgrade to the professional extension.
But, you can do this manually also. However, there is just one last step you need to take care of.
Configure Status Settings
- The last tab is that of Status.
- At the bottom of this page, you will have access to Tools for reinstalling fonts, yearly reset, file removal, and more.
- This page also has a System Configuration form.
Now, let us see how you can create PDF invoices and packing slips manually.
How to Create WooCommerce PDF Invoice & Packing Slips Manually?
This WooCommerce store plugin automatically creates an invoice, but the packing slip is not created automatically. There are a couple of steps you need to follow to create them manually.
- Go to the Dashboard, then choose WooCommerce, and select Orders
- Click on An Order, this is where you have to create the Invoice & Packing Slip
Note: You will come across a Create PDF box with Create Invoice & Packing Slip options.
- Click on the button to Create an Invoice and Packing Slip.
To run your WooCommerce store and win the trust of customers, you do need to offer them packing slips and detailed PDF invoices. Utilizing the right WordPress plugin can make doing this easier and help you focus on growing the business and connecting with more customers.
If you want to add more products to the WooCommerce store, check out this detailed guide on How to Add Extra WooCommerce Product Options.